With over 800 years of history, even before becoming one of the world’s largest museums, the Louvre already had a long and illustrious past. This tour will start by taking you through the remains of the medieval castle, ascending to today’s former Royal Palace, where you’ll get an overview of the rich collection of the Louvre Museum and get up close to a selection of treasures especially chosen by your expert guide to show how the Kings of France promoted and patronised art during their reigns.
This private tour of the Louvre Museum offers you then chance to truly delve into the history some of the world’s most famous artefacts, whilst enjoying a visit completely tailored to you, bringing the Louvre to life for adults and children alike, and making it an unforgettable experience.
The Louvre Tour
With our effortless booking system
From 90€/pers for 6
6/7 (every day except Tues)
2,5Hrs (half day)
Skip the Line
Executive car (on option)
Type of tour
Private, up to 25 people
What is included in our Louvre private tour
- Enjoy a private tour with a Louvre Museum expert really dedicated to you.
- Feel like a Queen: skip-the-line tickets.
- Headsets (if necessary) so you can always hear your guide.
- Get our tips to continue your visit by your own if you wish to extend your experience.
What to see during our Louvre private tour
- Learn about the fascinating history of the Louvre first as the biggest military defence to become a royal residence.
- Discover our selection of the best Masterpieces among the 35 000 currently present in the Museum.
- Get personalised tips on further artefacts and collections if you wish to extend your visit beyond our tour.
With over 10 million visitors every year the Louvre is truly the number one museum in the world. However, with a collection of over 35,000 objects on display, ranging from sculptures to paintings, tapestries to crown jewels, its it so much more than the famous lady with her enigmatic smile.
During this Louvre private visit, your guide will take you through the museum, bringing to life the history and getting to up close to the celebrated highlight, as well as some of our personal favorites.
Later, the castle will be transformed into a royal residence, making this palace the most important one until Louis XIV’s creation of Versailles.
No wonder if the place became the kingdom’s most valuable jewel box, filled with illuminated books, precious fabrics, priceless gemstones and gold items. For it’s in this royal palace that the french monarchs stored the country’s most precious items.
What more natural then, than to make this place a national museum ? And what a museum !
This visit will begin with a view of the of the oldest part of the Louvre castle, whose impressive foundations show the untamable ambition of those medieval kings. From there you will head up into the fabulous renaissance palais, with its majestic carvings recalling the grandeur of France’s golden age. Witness to some of the most passionate events in French royal history, the Louvre is the perfect backdrop for you, with your expert guide leading the way, to explore one of the world’s largest art collections, much of which was owned by the royal family until the French Revolution. Through the immense galleries and maze of corridors, your guide will regale you with the history of some of the museum’s most revered treasures including the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory and of course the Mona Lisa, but also open your eyes to a few of our favorite hidden gems.
Meet your guide, skip the line and prepare to be amazed on a tour of this extraordinary museum that will take you on a fascinating time travel through French and world history.
What makes this tour special?
- Your expert guide will lead you through the museum to make sure you won’t miss any of the highlights and get an overview of the fascinating history of the museum and its collection.
- You will have the opportunity to tailor your tour, to visit some of the works of art that interest you the most. Please don’t hesitate to ask your guide to see part of the museum off the beaten track. (as long as it is possible)
- After your visit, your guide will make sure you’re familiar with the Louvre, and if you wish to stay longer to explore the museum, they will recommend other interesting sections to visit.
The meeting point is at le Louvre Museum directly. We will give you the exact meeting point after booking. On option:
- we can organize a pick up & drop off at your hotel with one of our premium car or mini van. (Mercedes or equivalent)
- Our guide can meet you at your hotel & go to le Louvre by public transport.
When is the best time to visit?
- The Museum is the busiest during the weekends.
- Afternoons tend to be less busy at the Museum (but we can’t guarantee)
How to book this tour?
This tour is available every day except on Tuesday. (the Palace is closed)
- The Museum sells a limited number of tickets with direct access to professional travel agencies ONLY. These sell out very quickly. In high season (April-August), we advise you to book 6 weeks in advance, if it’s possible. Otherwise, please try to book an afternoon tour when the Palace is less busy.
- If it’s possible, please provide us with alternative dates and times.
How to book this tour as a gift?
Why not offer some fun and educational ?
- You can buy this tour for you and your family or buy it as a gift to your friends or relatives. To buy this tour as a gift, just click on the red button “buy as a gift” on the booking form and follow the instruction. You can pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal. Then, you will get a gift card and a Voucher number. The lucky one will be able to apply this number and he will be able to choose the date of his visit to Versailles online. They have 1 year to make this private tour after buying the gift card.
Does my tour include lunch?
- Only our Full Day tours include a lunch break (meals are not included in the tour price).
Can you store my luggage during the tour?
- Normally not. If you would like to have this service, please Contact Us in advance. This service accrues an extra charge.
The Museum is huge, we suggest you to wear some sneakers and comfortable clothes.
Next to the reinforcement of the security to enter in the Museum, the control may take longer than usual. Our skip the line tickets enable us to avoid the long queue. However you may have to wait a bit for the checking , especially during the high season.
Price list – The Louvre Through the Ages
|Number of people||Total Price all included (meeting point: Le Louvre)|
|2 people||175 € / pers|
|3 people||140 € / pers|
|4 people||115 € / pers|
|5 people||100 € / pers|
|6 people||90 € / pers|
|More than 6 people||On request|
|Option on request:||Premium transport from your hotel|
|Option on request:||Transport by bus or tube with your guide|
Customization & Options
One of the specialities of Hidden Gems is to give our clients an unforgettable whether they are discovering it for the first time or looking to gain a deeper understanding of a place they may have already visited. This tour has been crafted to given you an overview of the Louvre collection and we believe this tour includes all the highlights and hidden gems which make this museum so special. But if you wish something specific, we can adapt the tour to your wish:
- If you want to visit specific section of the museum (Ancient Egypt / Italian paintings department etc…) please don’t hesitate to inform us in your tour notes. This will be passed on to your guide, enabling them to tailor the tour just for you.
- If you need to be pick-up (round trip) at your hotel to the Louvre Museum: either on foot to enjoy Paris with your guide (option) or in one of our executive car with Chauffeur. (option)
Please feel free to ask us by email. We’ll be delighted to build a customized visit for you.