6/7 (Every day except Monday)
Guided by your personal guide
Type of tour
Small group (Max 6 people)
Because your family worth it, choose the best. Choose a 5 stars Versailles tour.
Because we know that –for your safety & confort– driving a car and telling an interesting story during a guided tour requires different specific skills, we propose you to be guided by a specific licensed guide and driven by a specific Chauffeur. That way, your guide will be really dedicated to you. Like a friend, your Versailles expert guide will have more time to share with you and more interesting anecdotes & stories to tell you. This tour of Versailles is private.
What is included in this tour:
- Pick up from your hotel
- A professionally accredited and specialist guide, dedicated to you.
- Enjoy a private tour of Versailles Palace.
- Skip the line entry to the chateau
- Tickets to the Palace and garden.
- Tickets to the musical gardens/Fountain show (On select days)
- TOUR OPTION: Visit of the Mistress’ Apartments (on request)
- Drop off at your hotel
What to see during this tour
- Specialist visit of the King’s State Apartment on the theme of Lovers and Mistresses with your fully accredited, professional guide.
- Visit the spectacular pleasure gardens of Versailles.
Uncover the hidden lives of Versailles’ Lovers and Mistresses
Whether you are a first time visitor or a Versailles connoisseur, what awaits you is a visit of Versailles unlike any other. Inspiring writers, poets and dramatists for over 300 years, the intrigues of Versailles still hold a powerful allure for visitors longing to experience the more amorous life of those privileged few who knew the joys and heartache of loving the King. For these women who dared make a play for the King’s affections, the sky was the limit.
Your visit will begin at your hotel, where you will be picked up by your private chauffeur in one of our luxury vehicles. On the way to Versailles your expert guide, whose passion and knowledge will engage you from the first, will give you an introduction to the rich history of Versailles.
On arriving at the palace, with the flare of the Favourite, you will bypass the crowds.
Once inside, your professionally accredited guide, will take you on a private tour through the glittering halls of the King’s State Apartments. Prepare to be scandalised as this visit lays bare the passions and sensuality that was life in Versailles.
Learn how, with desire as the weapon of choice, Versailles was a battleground of seduction. Discuss how intelligence and beauty have always been the keys to opening the doors to the highest circles of Parisian society. Inside Versailles, discover why in that time, marriage was a gilt cage, some longed to escape. Whereas for a happy few, true love was a gateway to social advancement through.
Leaving behind the carnal delights of the Palace, your guide will accompany you to the world renowned pleasure gardens. While listening to your expert guide, stroll through the labyrinthine gardens where many courtiers were to be spied in a romantic rendez-vous. Learn more about the spectacular parties and entertainments that took place in the gardens of the Palace of Versailles.
**This visit is of a sensitive nature dealing with adult themes, we therefore advise that parents travelling with children and young travellers use their own discretion.
You will be picked up by your guide and chauffer at your hotel
When is the best time to visit?
This tour can potentially take place every day except Monday when the Palace of Versailles is closed.
What activities does this tour include?
This tour includes a 4h guided visit of Versailles on the theme of Lovers and Mistresses with your professionally accredited guide. As this is a private services and completely customisable, should you have any particular aspects you wish you discuss please don’t hesitate to mention this to your guide at the beginning of your visit.
How to book this tour?
This tour will be a private visit, therefore numbers are not limited however. In high season (April-Sept), we advise you to book as soon as your have confirmed your dates for arriving in Paris, so that we can prepare the private guide. If it’s possible, please provide us with alternative dates and times.
How to book this tour as a gift?
Why not offer some fun and educational ?
- You can buy this tour for you and your family or buy it as a gift to your friends or relatives. To buy this tour as a gift, just click on the red button “buy as a gift” on the booking form and follow the instruction. You can pay by Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal. Then, you will get a gift card and a Voucher number. The lucky recieptiant will be able to apply this number and they will be able to choose the date of their Lovers and Mistresses Tour online. They have 1 year to make this private tour after buying the gift card. It is advised to apply the coupon code one month before the tour to make sure to have availability.
Does my tour include lunch?
This tour does not include the opportunity to stop for lunch . Your guide will give you recommendations on where to get refreshments. If you do have any specific requests please add a message in your tour notes.
Can you store my luggage during the tour?
- Normally not. If you would like to have this service, please Contact Us in advance. This service accrues an extra charge.
If you book this tour with transport in Paris , we expect to meet you at your hotel in the city proper. If we would like us to meet you outside paris please contact us before booking to get the rate. (airport, or anywhere outside the peripherique).
|Number of people||Total Price all included|
|2 people||425 € / pers|
|3 people||290 € / pers|
|4 people||220 € / pers|
|5 people||180 € / pers|
|6 people||155 € / pers|
|More than 6 people||On request|